Sunday, April 11, 2010

We had a Party

I can not believe it...my baby is turning TWO!!! When did she grow up???? Yesterday was Emory's 2nd birthday party. I don't know if she really knew that all the people were here to see her, all she cared about was them actually being here. I had told her at the beginning of the week that Papa and Nita and Gee and Dude were going to be coming to see her, mainly because she asks about them on a daily basis. Yesterday morning when she finally woke up at 1030 the first thing she said was "Tita, Papa, Gee, Dude?" Not "hi mommy" or "love you mommy" like I usually get! All she was concerned about was her grandparents!! :) At last they know she loves them!!


The party was a Hawaii/Aloha theme and it turned out so cute. I went earlier this week to get decorations at Hobby Lobby and Party City and everything was on sale...it was a sign! Last year I cooked the food we had at the party, but this year I was willing to pay in order to keep my sanity intact and my kitchen as clean as possible. We ordered Corky's BBQ, which was SO good and my parents picked it up on their way into town. I ordered the cake from Publix and I was a little nervous about it but it turned out VERY cute and was VERY tasty. I thought we would have a lot leftover but it was so good we put a BIG dent in it! The leftovers are going to daycare with her on Monday.


Overall we had a great party and a wonderful time with our friends and family. Emory LOVED all her gifts and I was very appreciative of all the clothes she got...less summer clothes shopping for me! Thank you everyone who made the drive and thank you for celebrating this beautiful, sweet, baby...I mean big girl's, birthday!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY, SWEET GIRL!!! looks like the party was perfect, and i love all the pics! xoxo