Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Two Years Ago Today

Just minutes old!

1 year!

Today!


I seriously can not believe that my baby is 2 years old. I said it last year, but I can completely understand why my mother calls me every year to tell me what she was doing "__ years ago." I really did spend most of the day recalling where we were in the process of getting Emory here. I spent the rest of the day watching my 2 year old, in sheer amazement, at how beautiful she is and what a wonderful and perfect gift she is from God! He truly blessed my life in words I can not find, when he gave me her!!

She has grown up SO much and even in the last week she has learned so much and taught me so much more. We are trying to introduce potty training, which I can tell already, I'm going to hate!! Also having a 2 year old has shown me which words I say a lot around her...why? because she repeats EVERYTHING we say now. Her new favorite word is "ok." She must say it 50 times a day. But since she has started using the word, I have caught myself saying it a lot as well. Her independence is growing and I love to watch her discover she can do something without my help. Yes, It hurts a little but the amount of pride and joy I feel when I see her doing it, completely clouds the hurt!

Being a mother is the most amazing job I have ever and will ever have in my lifetime!

No comments: