Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year and Happy Birthday to Me!

I haven't really considered what my New Year's Resolutions are going to be this year but I feel the need to make a few. So I'm going to make it up as I go...

1) Start a devotion time. I have the book but it's finding the 15 minutes to do it everyday. It makes my day SO much better when I do sit down to do one. you would think that would encourage me to do it everyday. I'm kinda hoping that since I'm writing it down that I will be held accountable now!

2) I could say lose weight but I usually get an eye roll when I say that one so I will say...start a work out routine...or at least do something everyday. I really just want to get my energy level back up. Chasing after a toddler everyday is wearing me down!! :)

3) Be more money wise. Enough said.

I think that's enough for right now...I might come up with more as the month progresses.

Anyway...moving on! Today was my 28th birthday and it has been a wonderful day. Katie and Jordan and another one of Katie's friends came to town Saturday night so they have been here today too. This morning Chase cooked breakfast, French Toast and waffles and bacon, it was so yummy! We just laid around most of the morning then headed out to have lunch just the three of us while the girls went shopping. Now, the advantage to Katie being here...DATE NIGHT!! Chase and I went to see Sherlock Holmes and then went and had a quiet dinner and took our time eating. It was so nice to get out and spend quality time with each other! The movie was very good, the only issue was the theater was freezing. The high today was only 28 so I guess it was too cold to truly heat the big theater the movie was showing in. We kept our coats on the whole time...my feet are still trying to defrost! Dinner was sushi...yummm! I've been wanting sushi for a while but it's hard to go get sushi with a little one...mainly because there usually isn't anything she can eat too!

It's been a great new year so far and we are looking forward to the rest of 2010!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments: