I know I skipped the 20 month update but not much has changed. I really do this for me so that I can look back and say when she did what. So here it goes...
-Wt: 26 lbs
-Ht: 33.5 inches
- She celebrated her 2nd Christmas and it was SO much fun!
- Favorite phrase: "No Mommy!" Not cool by the way!!
- I want to start potty training her but I don't know that I have the patience for it right now. We have a little potty but all she wants to do is sit on it and pretend then use the toliet paper to wipe. At least she's somewhat interested.
- She has recently started dropping food off her highchair, looking down at it, saying "uh-oh" then proceeds to call for Belle (our little dog). Smart kid.
-On the flip side of that...she also likes to intentionally put food on the floor, as if she is offering it the dogs, and then gets angry and yells at them when they eat it. Poor dogs, they are so confused!
-She's still obsessed with the phone. Anything is a phone! She will have full conversations with herself. It's pretty funny to listen to. I really need to get it on video.
-One more thing I need to get on video...her singing her "ABC's" She must sing that song 30 times a day. As do I!
-I started to purge us of the toys in our house the other day and Emory kept coming up and taking things out she hadn't played with in months!! She would grab it from me and say "No Mommy." When she wasn't looking I would take it back and throw it in the bin!! They are now safe and sound in the attic. She hasn't missed them one bit!
-Recently she has become hard to get to bed. I guess we were due at some point since she's been so good up until now. For instance, tonight I put her in her bed at 8:30pm and I don't think she actually fell asleep until 10pm. Tonight was actually a good night. There wasn't any screaming and crying. Just fussing and calling out to us every minute or so hoping we would come and get her! The nights before she's slept in our bed or gone to sleep in her bed only to wake up screaming in the middle of the night and moved to our bed! It also takes A LOT of reassuring that we are still here. The door has to stay open now and the lamp in the bathroom has to be on because it shines into her room. I also have to stand by her crib and sing songs then slowly walk out of her room! Any suggestions!?!?
I think there is more but I'm getting tired and can't think straight.
The past 21 months have been wonderful and I thank God for her everyday! She has been such a joy and wonderful blessing to our lives!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment