Yes we had 4 Christmases, starting the weekend before Christmas. In an effort to see everyone we drove everywhere! I think next year we are staying put! I say that now but I know it will be different when the time comes. Anyway...
We started January 19th in Cullman, AL. This was my mother's side of the family. We enjoyed a wonderful lunch then spent time as a family opening gifts. This Christmas was so much fun this year because Emory actually enjoyed opening the gifts herself and then playing with the toys she got. My favorite gift from the Cullman trip were my Twilight books!!! Now I can read them anytime I want and I don't have to bug anyone to do so! Thanks Gran.
Next was Our Christmas. I had to work Christmas Eve but was lucky enough to be off Christmas Day. Christmas Eve I was giving Emory a bath before bedtime and asked her if she knew who was coming to see her. When I told her Santa, she said "no mommy" I guess she was having flash backs from the picture attempt with Santa! Christmas morning she seemed to think this Santa guy was getting better! She loved her Barbie ATV. I thought she might be a little timid on it at first. I mean the Sunday before she was scared of the bouncy blow up thing at church and Christmas morning she went "off-roading" in her ATV...go figure!
She really wanted to open her Lipsmackers!
She stole this from me on the way to Jacksonville!

Emory's loot!!
Blue and Emory saying hello.
Bennett teaching Emory how to play his new game.
Aunt Haley with the girls Saturday morning.
Doing what kids do best...jumping on the bed!
We told them to lay down and take a nap...they listened fairly well!!
Trying to stay warm while they built the fire.

Emory wasn't to thrilled about this picture!
If you look closely you can see the green flames at the bottom!
After the bonfire, the kids came in to warm up...this is where we found them.
Cheese!
And finally a family picture for Christmas 2009. Emory wasn't happy about this picture either!!
After we had a relaxing morning at our house, we loaded up and headed to Jacksonville, AL to visit Chase's family. Emory has a DVD player to entertain her during trips. The last trip we took she insisted on watching "Favorite Nursery Rhymes" over and over again...this trip was no different. Even though she was so excited to get an Elmo DVD and a Thomas DVD in her stocking!! Chase and I entertained ourselves with my iPod. We started in Murfreesboro listening to "Alligator Pie" by Dave Matthews on my iPod ( a song for Chase) then we were going to switch to the radio but I wanted to hear "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz. So we started our quest. There are 884 songs on my iPod...808 songs later (after we had stopped to listen to other songs along the way) and we are pulling into my in-laws driveway, we find my song. We stayed in the car just to finish listening to it!!! Emory really racked up on gifts here and we had a great time with our family! Friday evening was spent with family and friends and Saturday morning was for shopping!
Saturday afternoon we loaded up again (putting Emory's gifts on the 5x8 trailer we brought down with us) and headed to Holly Pond, AL to start round two with my side of the family. After a short stop to shop along the way we ended up at my aunt's house just before 6:30pm. Every year the Freeman side of the family (my mom's mom's side) meets to spend time with each other and celebrate Christmas. Later that night we loaded up again and made the hour trip to Birmingham to sleep and wake up again to have another "Christmas morning." After opening gifts, the girls decided to go spend their Christmas money and pick out some cute clothes!! I was able to get a lot of really cute things, but now I don't know what to spend my birthday money on because now I don't need clothes...don't worry, I'll think of something!! :) After dinner we made a bonfire in the backyard to try out Katie's funky flames we gave her. Then it was time to head back to Nashville. We had a wonderful time and hated to leave so soon!


It was a long and exhausting Christmas but a WONDERFUL and family oriented Christmas as well and I wouldn't have traded a second to be anywhere else!! It was so great to see everyone we did. Thank you so much for everything! We love you! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!


No comments:
Post a Comment