Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Past and Present

Christmas 2008

Christmas 2009


So last year Santa wasn't a big deal. When I say big deal I mean, Emory didn't mind him last year. She even smiled in the pictures. This year was a COMPLETELY different story. This child is SO NOT adventurous (I blame myself for that). The picture above is the second attempt at a Santa picture. The first time was at our church at the beginning of December. I had to work but Chase attempted without success. I thought that maybe he wasn't trying hard enough (well, I guess being mean enough really) and that I would be able to get the picture, no problem. Well, with minimal tears. HA! So Nancy (my mother-in-law) and I went to Bass pro shop at Opry Mills yesterday to get the yearly Santa picture. We waited in line for about 40 minutes and the whole time Emory was talking about Santa. Not necessarily that she wanted to see him, but she would tell you that Santa says "Ho, Ho, Ho." When we got to the front of the line I passed off my purse to Nancy, in case I had to be in the picture, and then the tears started. She had a clear view of Santa and a clear picture of what was about to happen...She was going to have to sit in that scary man's lap!! He was a great Santa and very understanding. I guess he has to be when part of the children population hates to sit in his lap!! At first Emory just cried but as I started to walk towards Santa, the tears turned to screams, LOUD screams!! I think the whole store went quiet, because you would have thought someone was trying to kill her, not try and get a picture with Santa. I wish I had had the video camera so that I can show her next year how crazy she was. As you can see I ended up in the picture as well. There was no pealing her off of me to get her into his lap. She wasn't having any part of it!! Hopefully next year will be better! :)

1 comment:

katie said...

So funny! Bad Santa year at our house too.Claire had the entire food court at Brookwood looking at us to see if there was some kind of emergency- The picture is awful...I love it!!