Tuesday, December 1, 2009

So far behind...A Book Review



I know, I know...it's been an eternity since my last post. Really I don't have a good excuse...I wish I did!! I have so many things to post about but no good time to sit down and download all the pics and type everything out. Not to mention it's hard to get ANYTHING down without the "help" of Emory!

So tonight I am blogging about the reading world that I have once again discovered...mainly because I don't have to post pics with this one! Anyway. So if you know me you know that I am a HUGE Harry Potter and Twilight fan. I have read all the HP books twice and am getting around to the second go through on the Twilight Saga. Before doing that, I needed something non fantasy and somewhat real life. In the last few months I have read My Sister's Keeper, The Story of Edgar Sawtelle, When Crickets Cry, The Horse Whisperer, and The Shack. They were all excellent books in their own way but I would have to say that my favorite would have to be The Shack by William P. Young...and the reason I am writing this blog. I have never had a book make me think the way this one does. I had heard people talk about this book and how much they liked it...my parents included...but didn't understand why. One of the reviews on the back of the book says "you will want everyone you know to read this book." And right they are!!

Brief synopsis: Mack's youngest daughter was abducted while on a family vacation. The evidence found, suggested that she was murdered in a shack deep in the mountains. Four years later Mack receives a letter in the mail from presumably God, telling him to meet him at the shack.

I am having trouble finding the words to describe this book. The only thing I can tell you is to read it!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Okay, well, now I have to read it :)I have been going through withdrawals because I finished the Twilight series and have nothing to do with all my spare time.

Megan said...

I agree Erin... it was an amazing book!