Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Em's BIG Day



Swinging with her friend Owen.


They didn't so much like going DOWN the slide but UP was entertaining!


Sitting in her new chair Nita and Papa gave her.


Watching the dogs outside.


Family picture with the birthday girl.


"Happy Birthday to Emory..."



She didn't like the icing at all. She liked the way it tasted but hated it being all over her hands. She actually gagged while squishing it in her hands! We had to dumped the icing off and let her eat the cake!


She LOVED the cake part...like father, like daughter!


Bath time with my new bubble bath...thank you Owen!


"More presents from mommy and daddy?!"


"And you press this button (a hundred times) and it sings a song!"



Yesterday was Emory's actual birthday. The two of us had a VERY low key day. The birthday girl slept in until 9:45 (yes I know I'm lucky). Then we met some of her friends for a little party in the park. Swings and slides...so much fun! Then we went to see Chase at work since he wasn't able to take the day off with us. He thought he was going to be late getting home but he actually got to leave on time and got home with plenty of time to celebrate. Dinner was spaghetti...yummy, but very messy for a one-year-old! And for dessert...cake! I couldn't let the day go by without letting her destroy another cake...and destroy she did. This time she wasn't as timid! Haha! Her skin is still died pink from the icing! I've said it already I know...but I CANNOT believe Emory is ONE! She amazes me more and more everyday! And just when I didn't think I could love her anymore than I already do...she smiles and I fall that much more in love! Motherhood is priceless!

(3 new posts below)

1 comment:

Kellen Family said...

So precious! Happy 1st Birthday, Emory!!! Looks like y'all had a great time :)