I must say this has been one of the longest weeks of my life, yet it went by quickly....it could be because I haven't stopped moving since last Friday. So...
Friday...we left Nashville to drive to Birmingham for UAB homecoming. We didn't get to Birmingham until 1030 Friday. Emory of course didn't sleep well because we were not at home so neither did mommy (sleep deprived night #1).
Saturday...Homecoming game! Which UAB actually won!! Yea! It was nice to see the Blazers pull out a win. We started the tailgating at one, the game started at three and ended around 6, I think. After eating a quick dinner, where my mom insisted that Chase make his guacamole for her, I must say it is excellent...I never liked it until he made it and now I love it...anyway, we drove to Jacksonville, AL. One of Chase's childhood friends father passed away so we had to go for all the arrangements. We had to stopped twice on the short one hour drive, once to feed Emory and the other to change one of the stinkiest diapers EVER...we had to roll down the windows to air out the car!! Solids are NO fun!! We arrived around 9:30pm.
Sunday...Emory did not sleep well again Saturday night because, again, we were in a new place (sleep deprived night #2). We got up early and went to church in Jacksonville. After lunch Chase and his brother went and rode Forrest's motorcycles and then...Chase bought a motorcycle! Yes, you read that right. He bought a motorcycle. I know what you are thinking, but if you had to live with this man that had had a bike all his life up until we got married and then his wife wouldn't let him, you would have let him buy one too!!! I was tired of him asking for one and on pretty days, every motorcycle that we passed, he would say "I want a motorcycle." See it was annoying! The thing is, I trust him completely on the bike, it's the other drivers that I don't trust! So LOOK TWICE people, because the man on the bike could be Chase now!!! The rest of the day we spent with his family.
Monday...Emory didn't sleep well AGAIN (sleep deprived night #3)! we drove to Cumming, GA. (about two hours from Jacksonville, AL, outside Atlanta) We spent the early afternoon at the Salzsieders house. The visitation was from 3-4pm and the service was from 4-5pm GA time. After the service, we drove to Dahlonega, GA ( about 30 minutes form Cumming) to have a party. Dean wanted us to celebrate his life and that is what we did. The family hired a Beatles cover band called The Return. They were excellent. They even played the part, they looked like them and even spoke in British accents! Dean loved the Beatles and music in general. We could only stay for about three songs before we had to head back to Nashville. A 4.5 hour drive! The thing is, it would be a 2 maybe 3 hour drive but the first two hours of the drive wind through the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. It was two hours of 90 degree turns every 30 feet up hill! Miserable!! I kept telling myself, "what goes up must come down." I thought it was never going to end! We arrived home at 11pm. I got Emory in the bed, we fixed bottles and prepared for work the next day and finally were in the bed at midnight.
Tuesday-Thursday...I worked three days in a row. It was the first time I had done that since I was 5 months pregnant. Mainly because I don't like going that long without seeing Emory but also because I am exhausted after two shifts in a row. Emory started to get a cold so she didn't sleep well at all Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday night (sleep deprived nights #4, 5, and 6). I vaguely remember the last three days at work. I was awake and alert enough to do my job of course, but not much else. I had great patients and parents ( that is key) so it helped a lot!
Friday...Emory slept until 8am!!! She went to sleep at 9pm Thursday night and woke up at 8am! Wonderful sleep! However, from the second I got up we were going. I had to finish packing because we were leaving at 9am when Chase got off from work to drive to Birmingham. Well, first we drove to Jacksonville to pick up his bike and trailer it back to Birmingham and later to Nashville. We arrived in Birmingham at 3:20, unloaded the bike, fed Emory, and then I drove Chase to meet a friend to drive down to the beach for the weekend. Patrick's bachelor party is this weekend in Destin, FL. Tonight Chase is driving to the beach and I went to a UAB volleyball match to watch Jordan play! They won 3-2 against Southern Miss! Go Lady Blazers! So you can see how this has been a VERY long week, but I must say it FLEW by. I am going to have a nice relaxing weekend in Birmingham with my parents and then when Chase gets back in town on Sunday we will drive home to Nashville.
I will post pictures when we get back home. Chase has the camera in Florida with him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Erin you have to be exhausted!! I am sure that it will wonderful being in Birmingham for the weekend. I hope you enjoy it!! Thanks again for all of your help with my blog...I love it!!! ~whitney
Post a Comment