Monday, October 13, 2008

6 Months

Has it really been 6 months?! In some aspects it seems that Emory has been with us forever. You know the attitude of, "what did I do before I had a baby?," as my mom says, "anything you wanted!" True. However, I also feel like we just had her! When I say she's 6 months it doesn't seem like she is that old but when I think about it, I think, "she's half a year old!!" Holy crap she is going to be a year old before I know it!! I was talking to my friend Libby the other day about her son who just turned a year old. She was saying how she was ready for it to be the end of the month so that she could go back to the "month" age and say he was 13 months, not a WHOLE year! Wow time flies.

We have had a wonderful month. Ok so our new things:

-STATS: 15 pounds 5 ounces (50 percentile) 26 inches (50 percentile)
-our feet have found our mouth (this one is a little gross to me but whatever)
-our new favorite toy is the jumpster (thank you Linda) it is the ONLY thing that occupies her for longer then 15 minutes, which means mommy has time to cook dinner!
-we can blubber our lips
-we have cut two teeth
-we are working on saying ma-ma, ga-ga, ba-ba. we tend to say those a lot. I am working on getting her to say da-da, but it's a no go so far, poor chase!
-we have become a HUGE momma's girl and I believe we are starting to get a little separation anxiety, not good
-we have started back on rice cereal but this time we are mixing in fruits and she LOVES it. she has also tried sweet potatoes as her first veggie
-we can sit up like a champ, not on her own of course but she is much more stable now


So 6 months is also one of those dreaded doctors visits. But only because of shots. However, today was not horrible, at least not as horrible as the others. Thanks to a wonderful pharmaceutical company, three of her shots have now been combined into one! Thank goodness, so instead of 4 shots today we only had to get two, so much better. She only cried for about 10 seconds once she was back in my arms. Poor thing though, she nursed and then fell asleep before we were even back in the car and is still asleep, we are going on 3 hours now. Usually I would never let her sleep this long but I don't dare wake her up after immunizations! Chase was able to come today for emotional support, for me and for Emory! I still don't know what kind of baby I am going to get after nap time, last time she was a happy baby, but the time before she was not so happy!!

These first 6 months have been amazing and unforgettable. We can't wait for more to come!

No comments: