Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Best Kept Secret

Chase and I have been together for almost five years now, married for almost three of those five. Now I know most things about him but I seem to learn something new about him every year or so. One year I learned that he doesn't do eye drops. And when I say he doesn't do them, I mean he can't stand them. His eyes were really red and dry one night and I offered to put some saline drops in his eyes. To which he replied, "no, I'm ok, I don't really like things in eyes anyway." He finally broke down and let me try because his eyes were burning him so badly. I have NEVER laughed so hard at him! He was acting worse then some of my patients, keep in mind I'm a pediatric nurse!!

Recently though I learned something else. Last Friday night I was called into work all night. The next day my parents were suppose to come into town and my house was a disaster area. I asked Chase if he would help me clean up and he told me that if I made him a list that he would do what he could while I was sleeping saturday morning. So before I left work I made out a list, complete with a diagram of where to hang the pictures that were yet to be hung on the walls. My coworkers told me that I was dreaming if I thought it would all get done. I had put several things on the list, such as clean the bathrooms, the kitchen and so on. To tell you the truth, I thought I was dreaming!

I woke up at 12pm after a very short "nap" after having worked all night, to a CLEAN house!! Who knew, Chase can clean and he can clean well. There weren't any streaks on the mirrors, he had actually moved things off on the counter when he wiped them down as oppose to cleaning around them. The pictures were hung on the walls and the boxes had been moved to the attic. He has kept this a secret for almost FIVE years now!! I had no idea that he could clean! I told him he has now set himself up for future lists but I don't think he has a problem with it. He knows that our lives are about to change forever and help is going to be needed around the house!

I truly have a WONDERFUL husband. No I will not share! :)

4 comments:

TeamDavis said...

Yay for Chase :)

Thanks for sharing! I love reading about everything :) I'm living vicariously through all of you mommies-to-be on facebook right now. Good luck with everything!

Mama Bird said...

Yeah!!! Erin has a blog! I feel the same way about Brian...when he gets in the mood to clean for me, he does it so much better than I do. I think it's b/c he doesn't pick up all the time after I do, so he doesn't hate it as much!

lg2006 said...

Laura makes me lists.. I actually appreciate them because it simplifies what she wants me to do because maybe i don't listen all that well! Whats up E.. If you want another blog to read you should check out my wife's.. She blogs constanly..
www.thegrizasonline.com

grizaham said...

ooops. that LG comment was me!