Thursday, February 28, 2008

About time...

It's time for another blog entry. I have been sitting here at work trying to think about what to write about and the only thing that comes to mind is the ever approaching birth of our little girl.

It seems like yesterday the positive sign appeared on the pregnancy test! Now we are just 6 weeks away from a very life changing event. Motherhood is something that I have always dreamed of doing. I love children, probably the reason I am a pediatric nurse, and children seem to like me, which works out well. But the thought of having my own child to raise and take care of is very surreal!

Chase and I are very excited and can not wait for her arrival. This past weekend has really put things into perspective. We had our first baby shower in Birmingham and were VERY blessed with all of our gifts. Chase was very excited and could not wait to get home to put everything together. I got home from work Tuesday morning to have the pack-n-play put together and set up in our bedroom, the space-saver high chair was set up in the kitchen, and the baby papasan chair was out of the box and set up in the living room! He was so efficient! But I can't help but look over at the empty pack-n-play of the empty papasan chair and picture her in them. It is going to be wonderful and I am looking forward to every sleepless moment! :)

I don't know if you can call it "nesting" just yet, but I feel the need to clean and straighten everything. We are still trying to settle in from moving over a month ago and before now the unpacked boxes didn't really bother me. Now they are driving me crazy. However, since I am still working night shift I feel like I am either sleeping or working, which doesn't make much time for unpacking!

With only six weeks left until our due date, I feel like our list keeps getting longer and the calender is getting shorter. If that makes any sense. Chase says that he wants to do one productive thing a night until she gets here. I hate to tell him, but I think we are going to have to move it up to more like two or three productive things a night. God Bless that man, I love him so much and he is trying to be patient with me and my sudden need to get EVERYTHING done now.

I was able to cross off one thing on my list today, call a pediatrician. One would think that would be easy for me in my profession, guess again...I know too much, or I know someone else that knows too much! However, I did set up two appointments with two different doctor's for next week. Yea for me! So now there are only 20 or so items on the list! Yikes! We've really got to get a move on things. Time is running out!

1 comment:

SarahC said...

Hello Erin,
I am from the future and would like to inform you that your mini-me will be healthy and hilarious.
Love,
Sarah
PS. Potty training will be AWESOME.
PPS. You don't have to sleep with the light on the first night.