Wednesday, February 20, 2008

So it begins...

I love reading my friend's blog spots, catching up on their families and their lives...basically just being nosey. However, that is why they are there...for other people to read. So, I have decide to start my own. We only have a small event happening in our lives right now!

Here we go:

For those of you who don't know, Chase and I moved to Nashville, TN officially in March of 2007. In the time that we have been here we decided that we wanted to start a family. Something that Chase has been ready for since the day we got married. Well, maybe not that early, but surprisingly he was ready before me! I guess being a pediatric nurse, I got my fill of babies at the hospital. Well, one day all the babies starting getting cuter and my "maternal need" I guess you could say, was more evident to me. So I gave in.

Two months and three pregnacy tests later (I didn't really believe the first two!) we were on our way to parenthood. We found out in August, the day before Chase's 24th birthday, it was a great birthday present for him.

Now here we are 32 weeks down the road preparing to be parents. I still can't really believe it! Sometimes it feels like a dream, then she kicks me with everything she has and I remember it isn't a dream at all, but reality. Just before Thanksgiving we found out that we were having a little girl. I believe Chase's exact words were..."I'm going to be broke." Well, at least he knows! Emory Elizabeth Martin is due April 14. We CAN NOT wait for her arrival!

With the new addition on the way we decided that we needed more room. The two bedroom townhouse was going to be a little crowded with a newborn and all the stuff that comes with it. So we started looking for houses and found one we liked in Mt. Juliet, 15 minutes east of downtown Nashville. We closed on the house the beginning of January and started working on it immediately. Chase ripped out all the carpet, hired a painter, and bought carpet at Home Depot, which has become a place we frequent these days. We finally moved in mid-January and are loving it! It is so nice to have more space and a garage, which is full of boxes at the moment, but will one day soon hold both our cars!!

Don't worry Birmingham friends, even though we bought a house here, doesn't mean that we will be here forever. We do have plans to move back to Birmingham...at some point down the road!

1 comment:

lg2006 said...

Hey Erin! Erik just told me about your blog tonight! Congrats on the baby that is so exciting! We need to have you guys over soon!
- Laura Graham