It always happens when I'm really busy and rushing to get things done...my kids give me a reminder to slow down and savor the moment. Yesterday it was driving Emory to school. I don't usually get emotional about school starting or moving up in a class, but yesterday was a reminder that they really do grow up fast and before we know it they will be out of our houses and in the real world! As I was posting the usual first day of school pictures on Facebook, a friend posted a picture of a jar of marbles. Odd, yes, but the meaning behind it was this-- When your child is born you are given 940 weeks with them before they turn 18 and leave your home. Nine hundred and forty weeks!! Seems like a lot, but start taking the marbles out and it isn't a very large number anymore. I'm excited about what the future holds. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared but growing up is a part of life. I love watching my kids discover new things, learn new tricks, and accomplish milestones. It makes me smile and makes my heart have a happy sigh. I pray that while my children are in our home that we can give them what they need to be in the real world. I pray that we can be an example of Christ's love for them and others. There are many things I want for my children. I want them to grow up to be leaders and not followers. I want them to find someone to love and grow old with. I want them to know how to get back up when they fall down. I could keep going but I hear those sweet babies over the monitor which means my day is beginning. I leave you with another reminder I had the other day to slow down...
 |
| Gavin and Riley refused to come inside when we got home. I found them playing in the rain. Soaking wet. |
 |
| They were having so much fun, I grab my camera instead of making them come inside. |
 |
| She was so dirty! |
 |
| This might be my new favorite picture of them!! |
 |
| My big girl getting in on the puddle jumping! |
 |
| This was the weekend Chase's parents came to town. Fishing in the backyard. He was practicing for Saturday morning. |
 |
| They both actually did a great job! |
 |
| My girls! |
 |
| Princess Riley!! |
 |
| Looking very dapper and maybe a little nerdy! |
 |
| King, Queen, and Princess! |
 |
| This sweet girl LOVES spaghetti!!!! |
 |
| And hats! |
I take these pictures so I have them for the future and for wedding slide shows! But I also love to see how much my children have grown and matured over the years. Sure I will look at these,sigh, and say "When did they grow up?" But I hope to look back at all these memories with a smile and not tears of time gone by!
No comments:
Post a Comment