Friday, July 31, 2015

Happy Birthday Gavin Monster!!

I seriously can't believe that this sweet boy in 3...THREE, years old! He is such a fun little kid and so sweet...well, most of the time! We have certainly entered the terrible threes! Whoever said 2 was the worst, had never had a 3 year old. Just this morning, before 9am, we had a fit because he wanted to put his shorts on but he kept getting both legs in the same hole. When I would help he would take them off completely and throw them across the room. I finally had to walk away.Then, not 5 minutes later, he threw himself in the floor because the spoon I had used to stir his oatmeal, wasn't the spoon he wanted to use. Those are just a few examples of what my day is like recently. It's a good thing he's cute and wakes up saying "I missed you mommy, when I was sleeping." He is such a sweet boy and loves his sisters so very much. I pray that never changes!

We didn't have a party for him this year. Mainly because our schedule didn't really allow it, plus we know like 2 people...hopefully that will change over the next year. We did, however, celebrate while we were at the beach with Todd and Kelly...one of the 2 families we know!

For a month anytime you ask Gavin what he wanted for his birthday he would say "A mickey cake." So dang it if I wasn't getting my boy a mickey cake! The beauty of a small town is that someone always knows someone that does what you need. In this case...make a mickey cake! 

Bennett and Gavin are only 3 weeks apart in age.

The cake was so cute and tasted pretty yummy too!

Emory had to write Gavin a sign...pretty cute!

A soccer ball and a fireman's hat that makes the siren sound...it's lovely...gee thanks Todd and Kelly! :/
 Chase was out of town the day of Gavin's birthday. so we celebrated the night before. Gavin decided he wanted s'mores instead of cake, which was fine with me because that meant I didn't have to make one and have most of it go to waste.


It was sweltering outside but when your son says he wants a fire for his birthday, you make him a fire!

He was so excited...and messy!


Ready to open his presents!

Hulk hands!! Surprisingly we have not had any instances of punching our sisters...knock on wood!!

Riley had to try them out too!

Lego time...mostly he watched, but he loved it and had to play with his airplane when we were done!
How is it that 3 years has gone by so quickly?! I look at pictures from last summer and watch videos on my phone and see how much he has grown! He talks all the time and his vocabulary is growing by the day. His sweet chubby cheeks are thinning out and his hair just keeps getting curlier! I love this sweet boy so very much! I know that he will grow up quickly and become a smelly teenager but I am learning to cherish these days where he says "kiss my face momma" and when I kiss him all over his face he says "do it again!" over and over! Happy sweet boy! Your mommy and daddy love you so big!

No comments: