Friday night Emory had Payton over to spend the night. She is such a sweet girl and isn't afraid to tell you what she thinks, which I love! Her and Emory get along great. About a week or so into school, Emory came home and said, "mom, Payton and I are BFFs. We are trying to come up with a hand shake." It made me giggle but so happy that she was making friends and remembering their names (she has issues with that). So fast forward another week and we get a letter that says Emory's teacher is moving to another school due to lack of enrollment in the first grade, starting the following Monday, she was going to be starting in a new classroom. We had already been considering moving her to a new school, and when we got this announcement we decided now was the time to move. So the following Monday, September 22, she started with a new teacher, in a new school, Wayne Preparatory Academy. The only downside was moving her away from her new friend. :( However, this past Thursday, Payton also started at Wayne Prep, in the same class as Emory!!! Yay! The girls were so excited to see each other again and wanted to celebrate with a sleep over.
Saturday we decided to try out the NC seafood festival in Morehead City. It was aout an hour and a half drive for us and I'm not sure it was worth it. Don't get me wrong, we had a good time, but it was SUPER crowded and the food was decent. If we go again next year we may try a different day. We thought it would be less crowded on Saturday than Sunday because of football. It was ECUs homecoming but that didn't seem to make a difference.
They kept calling each other "sis". I'm sure there where people that thought we had twin girls plus Gavin and Riley!
I didn't think to bring Riley's sun hat so she wore Chase's. As you can see, she didn't seem to mind! People got a kick out of a) Chase wearing her and b) her wearing Chase's hat. It was down over her face most of the time!
If it hadn't been so crowded, this would have been the best part...right on the water and you could see all the boats. There was a great breeze coming off the water.
Ok, so back to football. Football was the reason we had a PERFECT Fall weekend...and why it has been YEARS since it has occurred. Let me preface this with...we love UAB and UAB football, we also like Auburn as we were both raised Auburn fans. Our hatred for Alabama has nothing to do with our "like" of Auburn and everything to do with our "love" for UAB! So back to the perfect weekend...UAB wins an awesome game 42-39 over WKU, Auburn wins an awesome game 41-7 over LSU, AND Alabama loses an awesome game 17-23 to Ole Miss. Hotty Toddy! :) and that my friends is a PERFECT Fall weekend. It has been years since this has happened, maybe since Chase and I were in school. Our poor blazers have struggled and Alabama has been a dominate, and still is, football team. I don't suspect it will happen again this season so I'm going to relish in it while I can! GO BLAZERS!





No comments:
Post a Comment