Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Rides, food, and fun. Oh my!

I love the fair. I don't love fair rides but I love the atmosphere...and the roasted corn! Seriously, if you haven't had it you should try it! Anyway, we always went to the Wilson county fair in Tennessee so we thought we'd try out the Wayne County Fair. Major plus to the Wayne County fair---it's in late September/early October---SOOO much cooler! I don't feel like there were as many kid rides available for Gavin's age but apparently we didn't have to worry about the kid rides for Emory. We were so proud of her bravery and riding some of those rides!!! We met some neighbors of ours there the first night, and let the girls hang out. It was also a great time to get to know them better. We had so much fun we went back a second night with another couple and their daughter Payton. 


Gavin had to drive the tractors both nights. 


We took the double Bob with us and I'm so glad we did. It's such an easy stroller to steer. We got a lot of "what kind of stroller is that?! It looks awesome!" 


Anna (who you can't see), Tommi, and Emory riding one of those "spins around really fast and makes you sick" kind of rides. Oh wait that's most fair rides! She loved it!


So much love for this sweet girl!


Oh the tilt-a-whirl. Emory wasn't a fan of this one...she had to take a break afterwards. But aren't they cute?! She rides to school with these girls and they became instant friends! 


Driving the train. He also got to "fly a hedicopter" and "ride a snake". He was so proud! He was also upset that Emory got to ride more rides than he did!


They rode this one twice!


Sweet kiddos! 


Emory and Payton on our second night. These two girls are joined at the hip! 


Dispite Emory's unhappy face, she liked this one. Here's what makes me laugh...Payton is only about an inch and a half shorter than Emory, but check out where the seat hits their legs!!


Because Emory is taller than Payton, there where rides she wasn't tall enough to ride. For example, Emory got to ride the swings but Payton was tall enough. While they were on the swings, Payton and I walked around to find something she could ride and this is what she picked. She said "I want to ride something by myself because Emory got to ride something by herself (both had to ride with Chase but apparently he doesn't count)! This ride is a take you to the top and drop you back down. I even made her watch it twice before I let her get on and she still wanted to ride! Her face when they dropped was priceless but she loved enough to go again with Emory later in the night!


This picture was taken with my phone, so pardon the horrible quality but this is Gavin flying the "hedicopter". 



A trip to the fair isn't complete without a giant stuffed animal. Luckily this was Payton's not Emory's! They did try to win her own but were not successful. Darn. 


That's both of them in there. I should have recorded this but didn't think about it! They were hilarious trying to get coordinated and move in the same direction!


Such cute girls!

Who doesn't love the fair?! Ok there are probably several people but we loved it and look forward to it every year!















No comments: