Friday, March 28, 2014

Spring Break 2014

As an adult spring break is just a cruel way to say that everyone gets a vacation except you...until you have kids in school...then you get to experience spring break all over again. No more waking up at the crack of dawn!!! The way our school works (for the time being--things are changing next year) we have a 2 week Fall break and a 2 week Spring break. This year we spent the first week in Nashville and the second week in Jacksonville and Birmingham with family. I can only entertain for so long!!

We celebrated all the upcoming birthdays. Blue, March 15, Elyn and Finley, March 27, Emory April 13. I would have gotten a picture of them all but that takes an act of God these days...toddlers don't like to sit still!

Gavin really wanted to celebrate too!

Gabriel...he turned 3 February 21.

Dude playing with his grandkids.

Cool kids!

Bennett...the oldest. He will be 8 in July!! When did that happen?!

Went by to eat lunch with my grandparents. I love the way it works with them..."So Erin, I hear you are coming to Birmingham? We will have lunch at our house on Tuesday. Lunch will be served at 12 (always a meat and 5 sides plus dessert) but come over anytime before." I love that my kids get to spend time with these wonderful, loving people!

Gavin loves him some Pop!


LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this picture!!! Definitely going in a frame! (and Emory was the one that took it...on my phone!)

Overton park...one of the many memories of my childhood. It's had a facelift since my days!


Ready to play with the big kids!

Gavin commandeered a lawn mower...think he might be getting one for his birthday. I'm sure he would love to "help" daddy this summer!

Blurry because it was on my phone but he LOVED the swings!

Emory and I both got new hair cuts.

Aunt Jo meeting Riley

Lunch with the cousins...4 of the 7! We've grown slightly over the years!

Oh Sammy!

Kate and Garrett made the trip to Birmingham too...we met them at the zoo the Friday before we left.
While the 2 weeks off was a nice break, I think we were all ready for school to start back. One week back now and I'm ready for summer!

No comments: