Friday, March 28, 2014

"I do it"

Gavin has reached the stage of wanting to help and do everything by himself. He wants to eat things whole and not cut up anymore (he's even taken to taking my fork at dinner and giving me his toddler fork). He wants to help "clean" with me--vacuum or sweep. And recently he decided that he needed to do the laundry...

He brought the basket down the hall from our room...

loaded each piece into the washer...calling out who each piece belonged to...

"daddy"

big reach...


All done. He then proceeded to take the laundry basket back down the hall to put it back in our room.
This kids cracks me up! They are so willing to help you at this age. Emory has already reached the "why do I have to" phase, when asked to make her bed or clean her room. Where Gavin is willing, all you have to do is ask! The "I do it" phase is so frustrating and yet so cute at the same time. I can't help but be a little proud! Is it too early to make him do his laundry all the time?!

No comments: