Monday, September 9, 2013

Grandparents Day

Honestly, I remember this day popping up on the calendar as a kid, but I don't remember doing anything about it. Is that sad?! Anyway, apparently it's a big thing in schools these days. Most schools have some type of grandparents day event and Emory's school is no different. I was just going to let today slide by unnoticed because Emory has been so sensitive about us coming for lunch. Meaning she cries when we leave. Not cool. So my plan was to not even mention it and go about our day. Plus, both sets of grandparents live out of town so that would require a trip for one of them. However, we received a notice asking how many people would be attending and that if no grandparents were coming they would like SOMEONE to be there. Ugh. That meant Chase and I would have to go regardless or I would need to ask a set of grandparents to come up. It was late notice but we asked The Martin's and they agreed to come up yesterday in order to attend the picnic today. 

It was PJ day at school today. She doesn't usually wear polka dot pants!

Being goofy and so excited to have her GiGi and Dudey at her school. 

Love for her Dude.

Love for her G!

And sweet Gavin. He stole a grape from his sissy's lunch and was so proud of himself! In fact I think he ate half her lunch. Little piggy! 

I'm glad we went because I felt bad for the kids that didn't have anyone there. After Emory ate, (we met Chase for lunch afterwards. 10:30 is too early to eat lunch for me!) she played on the playground showing her G and Dude all the equipment and introducing all her friends to her grandparents. It took some extra loving but we got away with no tears! Yay! 





No comments: