Chase turned 30 this year!! He waited until the last minute to plan anything so we didn't have a party of any kind but he isn't the party type so I think he was ok with it! His birthday was Sunday, August 11th so the Saturday before he went to High Falls to jump off cliffs. How else would my husband celebrate?! He might be 30 in age but he's 18 at heart! One of the many things I love about him!
Emory helping "clean up" after making the cake.
Happy Birthday!
Emory insisted on singing to him.
Happy 30th Birthday! We love you!
Next on the recap...Christy! Maybe you remember me posting about our friends the Taylors. This past March they left to start a new adveture...they moved to Dubai for 3 years. They will come home periodically during those 3 years but for the most part they will be away. Very sad but we know they won't be gone forever! They came home mid June and stayed until the end of August. We of course had to have a going away dinner for them...well Christy, before they left. We were only missing one girl from our group and it was so nice to all get together and chat for a few hours.
Christy, Rachel, and Jessica
Liz, Me, Tara H. (pictured, Ha), Leslie, and Tara W.
The gang! My life would be SOOOO very different and lonely without this group of women! They have been there during the tears and of course the laughter! Love you ladies!
Next...birthdays! Minus Chase's of course...
The first was Kolton's 4th birthday...I didn't take many pictures, In fact I didn't even get one of the birthday boy!
Little Brooklyn...she is the most laid back child...EVER!!!
Especially in comparison to this little rascal. He looks innocent hear but don't be fooled!
SayBay!
Swinging with Daddy!
The next party was Brianna's 2nd birthday! It was dog themed complete with ears for the kiddos...so cute!
floppy ears!
Goofball!
Daddy and his babies!
The kiddos with their ears on! Brianna was the birthday girl in the pink tutu! :)
And to end the "summer" was Labor Day in Birmingham. This trip was quite the adventure. More than we bargained for! We arrived late Friday night to learn that my nephew and brother had pneumonia and they had cancelled Sammy's bday party that was going to be Saturday morning. Emory was very upset about this, not because she wanted to go to the party, but because she was afraid Sam would be very upset about not having a party for his birthday! She insisted we have one at my parent's house on Sunday (his actual birthday). Sweet girl. She has such a big heart!
It was probably best that the party was cancelled because Gavin woke up sick Saturday morning. He woke up at 3:45am, fussed and went back to sleep, woke up again at 4am, fussed and went back to sleep until 5am. At 5am I thought it best to go check on him, since he usually sleeps through the night without any issues. The second I picked him up I knew he was sick. I went and woke up Chase and grabbed the thermometer...102! Awesome Mom award goes to me for ignoring my child...sheesh! He was febrile ALL day long and that was with motrin and tylenol on board around the clock. I hate when my babies are sick, makes me feel helpless! Chase gets father of the year though because Gavin refused to go back to sleep after 5 so he stayed up with him so I could go back to sleep! Gavin finally gave into sleep at 8am and slept until 11am but it was a LONG day. Why do our kids feel the need to be sick when we aren't near our doctor?!?! Luckily our home church in Birmingham has a few pediatricians I can call and talk to!
Moving on...Sunday, Gavin was back to his usual self (thank goodness) and we were able to get out and about! Monday we went to my grandparents house for lunch. Because in the south, when there is a holiday...there is food and family and lots of it!
Getting out and about on Sunday. At Rogers on 280.
Singing happy birthday to Claire. Her birthday was September 4th.
Me and my sister. I miss hanging out with her! Life keeps getting in the way!
My goofy boy! He loved that he could climb back and forth over the 2 couches!
Ok now that I'm caught up with end of our summer I will move on to the school year! Bring on everything FALL!


No comments:
Post a Comment