Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Let's Catch Up!

I'm going to do a little recap of our summer.  If I tried to blog each activity i would never leave my computer.  I promise to be better! (Maybe)

So to start things off...

AOII, the UAB Zeta Pi chapter had a anniversary banquet that I attended.

This is my family tree...my actual sister is my grand little!
 
Aren't we cute?!

Next, Emory and I went strawberry pickin' with a friend of mine in early May...



Then, Eva was born May 4th...my brother's third precious child...

Evalyn Katherine Rigney

On May 12th, my little sister, became the 5th Rigney, and 8th member of the Rigney Clan (in laws included) to graduate from UAB.  We now have a grand total of 11 degrees between the 8 members from this wonderful university. So when we say we bleed green and gold, we aren't kidding!!!

 That's my dad hugging Katie on the stage.  Tripp had Katie's big camera but missed the hug.  We won't go into the reason why...


The following Sunday was mother's day.  We drove home a different way so we could meet Chase's parents...


Memorial day weekend we hung out with our wonderful friends and the kids, Chase included, got to play on a giant slip and slide...







Then on May 28th we celebrated 7 years of marriage!!





We've been to the pool a few times...


This was the day before Gavin was born.

Then of course our sweet baby boy was born on June 16th, the day before Father's Day!

This was taken on father's day

Fourth of July, Emory and Chase went to the lake with a big group of our friends.  Katie and I stayed home and crafted all day...

all pinterest ideas...


That night we went to watch the Providence fireworks show, and wore our cute American flag t-shirts!

I'm including this picture just because I think it's cute...






See, it's cute isn't it!!

Next, we spent the summer entertaining various family members...

 My grandparents came to visit a week after Gavin was born

My mom spent a week with us the week after Gavin was born.  My dad came up on the weekends. It was so nice having them here.  My house is still organized! Mom you would be proud! :)


Chase's brother and his family came up the end of July to meet Gavin.

And to cap off our Summer, my ENTIRE family went to the beach...all 22 of us! I will have a separate blog for this, but here are a few pictures...


Most of the pictures are on my sister's camera because my battery was dead in mine and I forgot to bring the charger!

And last but not least...Emory started a new preschool on August first...

Our big girl.


When I write everything out like this, it makes it seem like we were really busy...I guess we were.  I've been too sleep deprived the last few weeks to notice much!









No comments: