Friday, July 11, 2008

Working Mommy

Yesterday was my first day back to work. It was every bit as hard as I thought it would be. The tears actually started Wednesday night while I was packing everything for Thursday. Thursday morning I got up, got ready, and was giving Chase all the necessary instructions when I started crying again. I called my mom on the way to work crying...it scared her, she thought something had happened to Emory...no I just didn't want to go to work. The thing is that I love my job, I always have, but I love being a mommy even more and I want that to be my only job! Everyone at work was wonderful and very understanding which made the day go by so much easier. I tried to not be the mom that calls every hour, so I only called 3 times to check on her. One time she was screaming which made me cry again of course. The great thing about my job is that I work two days one week and three the next week. Now they are LONG days but at least Emory doesn't have to be in daycare everyday. Today we haven't really done anything but play and sleep!! My next day to work is Saturday so Chase is keeping her. It should be very interesting because the longest he has had her without me has been about three hours and she slept the WHOLE time! Saturday will be almost 14 hours just the two of them. I wonder how many phone calls I will get?!

No comments: