Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy 4th!!

This year for the 4th of July we spent it in the country. And when I say country, it is about as country as you can get!!! We had a Rigney Family Reunion in Copeland, AL. Most of yall are thinking "where the heck is that?" Well, it is about an hour north of Mobile, right on the Alabama/Mississippi line, a map dot. My granddad, Pop, my dad's dad, grew up down there and most of the family still lives there. Basically it's a bunch of farm land. We had a great time getting to see family, some of which I haven't seen since my wedding, and getting to introduce Emory to everyone. Most of us were able to attend, I think we were missing 7. Which is very impressive. My great-grandmother was even able to attend, she will be 92-years-old in October. She was amazed that Emory was her great-great-granddaughter!! Our day was filled with great food and wonderful family!!



Mom and Kathy


Cole is trying to coach Claire to pull her tooth!



Will and Payton


Four generations of Rigney men, with the woman that helped start it all.


The Doug Rigney, Sr side.


Nannie and Pop with their great grandchildren.

Emory about to take her first 4-wheeler ride. Chase only drove about ten feet in 2nd gear but it still counts!

There would have been more pictures but I forgot to take the memory card out of the computer before we left. So all I had was the internal memory on the camera and it doesn't hold very much!


No comments: