I have been thinking about a few things that I use to do before Emory came along and decided to write a few down and they made me laugh.
Before I was a mother I took long showers everyday. Now I am lucky to get a 5 minute shower!
Before I was a mother I slept in complete darkness. Now I sleep with the bathroom light on so that I don't trip over myself going to the nursery at 3am.
Before I was a mother I read novels. At least one every two weeks. Now I read Dr. Seuss and The Little Engine that Could.
Before I was a mother I listened to all kinds of music. Now I listen to nursery rhymes and lullabies.
Before I was a mother I slept through the night. I haven't sleep longer then 5 hours at a time since April 13th!
Before I was a mother I was entertained by my TV shows. Now my daughter's smiles and squeals keep me entertained for hours on end!
Before I was a mother it was all about me and my husband. Now I would do ANYTHING for her if it means she is happy.
Before I was a mother I did whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. Now I live my life in 3 hour increments!
Before I was a mother I could be out of the house in 5 minutes. Now it takes me 30 minutes to get out plus another 10 to go back in to get what I forgot the first time!!
Before, I was just a nurse. Now I am a mother and I wouldn't have it any other way!!
Before I was a mother I cared about all those things and worried about more. Now, I have learned to take every in stride...spit up on my shirt, no big deal, the spot isn't that big and it's probably going to happen again.
Over the last three months I have experienced the most amazing thing. Motherhood. I have LOVED every minute of it and I wouldn't trade a second! God has truly blessed me with a beautiful, healthy, and wonderful daughter. I love her more than I ever thought possible!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment