Thursday, March 5, 2015

Snow Days 2015

Yesterday was 75 and sunny but 2 weeks prior we spent the majority of our time under a winter weather advisory. In fact, Emory had one full day of school during those 2 weeks! There were a few days we should have gone to school or at the very least, had a delayed start to the day. During the second week of our "winter weather" she went Monday but they get out every Monday at 1 and they went Tuesday but they called to have us come get them by 9:30am. She was in school for maybe an hour!



The first week we got ice...no snow. It looked pretty but there was nothing to play with and our children were very disappointed. Not to mention we were stuck in the house because the roads were icy.

I love our house and it looks so pretty covered in snow! Although, I'm glad this is not a common occurrence!

The second week...we got snow...and a fair amount too. This was the day Emory went to school at normal time, only to be back home by 9:15! When she went to school it wasn't doing anything and within 20 minutes the snow started and didn't stop completely until that night. Chase was so upset because he left that morning for Virginia and wasn't with us to play in the snow!




That morning, while the kid were up and playing (emory was at a friend's house) I was able to take a few pictures of the backyard from the porch and living room windows. I have a big fancy camera and I really need to learn how to REALLY use it! It really is a beautiful piece of property and even more so in the snow! However, I'm ready to see it in the Spring!


This kid has become quite the ham in front of the camera!


This is what 2 kids under the age of 2 do when it's snowing outside...stay in PJs all day and watch movies!

And play trains of course...we built several different tracks that day...only to have Riley bug destroy them!
Without Chase and Emory there to help with the babies I didn't attempt to get them out in the snow that morning. Instead, we spent the morning playing trains, watching it snow from the warmth of the living room, and lots of snuggling!!


I love that red bench!

This is in the front entry. It was a good example of the depth of the snow.

I liked how the snow had stuck to the gum balls.

So pretty. I may be framing some of these!

You can't really see it but there is a little bridge in the picture. This is on the back half of the property.

The back of the house

I thought this looked funny...

A little to cold to jump!

I loved how the snow had fallen on the scuppernong vine...hoping we have more grapes on it this year. 

While the babies took naps that afternoon, I walked around and took a few pictures of the house.

Pretty girl!

Riley wasn't too sure about it all.

He reminds me of the kid in A Christmas Story! He had fun though!


After naps I thought we should get out and play a bit. Gavin had so much fun kicking around the snow and attempting a snow ball. The snow was too dry to make snow balls this day.

By Wednesday morning the snow was already melting but the kids were out of school again so we took advantage of the "snow day" and played as much as we could. Emory had spent the night with a friend down the street so me and the babies loaded up in the double stroller and walked down to their house. I was getting cabin fever and really needed to get out of the house!

The girls had made snowmen the day before...these things were around for a while after the rest of the snow melted.


Riley wasn't happy...



He carried that snowball around for a long time!

No comments: