Sunday, December 7, 2014

Thanksgiving Extravaganza

After returning from myrtle beach we spent 2 nights at home before repacking and getting back on the road. This time our destination was Alabama. Since our families only live an hour apart from each other, we were able to visit with both over the Thanksgiving holiday. 

Our first stop was Jacksonville. Every year we switch up which family to spend thanksgiving day. This year it was with Chase's family. 



Watching the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade! They loved it! One day I want to actually be there in NYC during this event. I know, I'm crazy!


This is Haley and her family! Those kids will keep you on your toes!


The thanksgiving feast claimed its first victim(s)! A man and his dog!


When everyone is together we have a grand total of 16 people. Half of that is kids and 5 of those kids are 3 and under. To say its chaotic is an understatement but we love (almost) every minute of it! ;) And believe it or not, we only had to take this picture twice. The only reason the first one didn't turn out was because it focused incorrectly! I usually have to get my sister to edit the picture!

Our plan was to head to my parents Friday morning around 10 but Emory woke up sick, so we hung around and ate lunch in Jacksonville before heading to my parents. We had to get our BBQ fix since we are NOT fans of North Carolina BBQ. Yuck! 




My parents had a prior engagement Friday night so we hung out with Katie and Jody at the Pleasant Grove football playoff game. It's been a while since I've attended a high school football game. It was freezing but we had a great time. We didn't make it the entire game, like I mentioned it was freezing, plus the kiddos needed to get home for baths and bed!

Saturday we drove to Cullman to have Thanksgiving lunch with my moms side of the family. I look forward to this meal all year. My grandmothers dressing is the best. Seriously. The best! It's also one of those things I've never tried to make on my own because I'm afraid I will mess it up and ruin the legend! 


Chase and Cole...I don't even know what to say. 



Mom and her girls. 


Only a few more months and Jody will "officially" be part of this crazy family!


Sammy, I mean Ironman, loves him some Jody! Pretty sure the feeling is mutual!


I promise she smiles, but you've got to earn it!


Gavin and Madison, his first cousin once removed (her momma is my first cousin).

Saturday night we spent the afternoon and evening cheering on our Blazers and then Auburn. The UAB game came out just like we hoped, Go Blazers! The Auburn game, not so much, eh, I have no allegiance to Auburn. 

Sunday we drove...and drove. Somehow we managed to turn a 9 hour drive into 12. It was loads of fun. We were only home for a few days before traveling once again! Old habits die hard!














No comments: