The weekend before thanksgiving we drove to meet my parents in Myrtle Beach, SC. They were coming up for a mini vacation and since it's only 3 hours from us we were invited to meet them. It was a nice get away and a chance to spend time with my parents. I forgot my camera so I was dependent on my phone for pictures.
Gavin found a great hiding place...it took us "forever" to find him. Listening to him giggle while we searched made me smile. Love that sweet boy!
Saturday we went to Broadway at the beach and walked around. Emory convinced my mom to get her a makeover at a place called Sparkles. She was in her element...painted nails, new hair...she loved it!
The kids loved walking around and getting to ride the carousel. They were also very impressed with the massive tree!
Our main goal was Ripleys aquarium at Broadway.
The mermaid show was very cute. We even got to meet the mermaids after the show!
Their big displays were the Christmas trees representing each state.
Of course I had to have a picture of each state we have lived it...Tennessee, Alabama, and now North Carolina.
After the aquarium we headed down to the beach. While it was quite chilly you can't go to the beach for a vacation and not go down to the sand!
Emory was insistent on riding the big Ferris wheel on the beach. I'm not a huge fan if heights, so the thought of being suspended in the air in a glass ball with seats, isn't exactly my idea of fun. However, I love looking at the sites so I chose to not look directly down! We also rode at night but it was a much prettier ride during the day when you could see the beach.
We left Sunday afternoon and my parents stayed on until Tuesday. Our myrtle beach trip was just the beginning of 3 weeks of travel and very few days at home.



















No comments:
Post a Comment