** warning I talk about breast feeding in this post**
I was pretty proud of myself for my first outing with all 3 kids in tow...it wasn't perfect by any stretch but I, we, survived.
Today Riley had a follow up appointment at the ENT. When she was 6 days old we had to have her tongue clipped because she wasn't latching on well and when she did it was painful. Anyway, like I said, today was her follow up. The appointment was at 11. It was suppose to be the first day with just Riley and me, but school was cancelled because it has been "too cold" (I do agree it's been too cold but I still think it's funny). Chase is working and I REALLY didn't want to take all 3 kids to the doctor's office--they probably wouldn't let me come back! At first he said he would be able to come but last night he said it would be helpful if I could find someone to help. Great. So I text a friend late to ask if I can drop the kids off at her house during the appointment. I hear back from her this morning, her pipes have frozen, man that sucks! So plan B, Chase can still come home, nope, conference call all day, ugh. Now what?! Plan C?? Luckily I have GREAT friends. I was able to text a friend at 10 and she says I can bring the older 2 to her. It's kinda on my way, a roundabout way, but not in the opposite direction, so that's a plus! Meanwhile, I've taken a shower and manage to put makeup on and dry my hair, oh and find clothes that fit (thank goodness for elastic waistbands)! All of those are things that definitely don't happen on a daily basis around here. At 10:35 we are out the door and on our way. I had to wake up Riley to get her dressed but didn't have time to feed her. 10:45 we arrive at Leslie's house only to realize that Gavin is shoeless and I don't have a coat, it's 13 degrees outside...awesome! The kids have coats at least! Riley and I head to the doctor's office and arrive right at 11! Go me! Now she has screamed the whole way (since I didn't have time to feed her) but we are there! Now comes the multitasking--I get Riley bundled up and nurse her on the walk into the doctor's office. Get inside, fill out paperwork while holding Riley. The actual appointment takes all of 5 minutes so then we head back out into the cold and go to Starbucks because I figure, at this point, I've earned it! Riley starts to scream again while in the drive through line. After I get my drink I have to pull into a parking spot, get her out of her seat and nurse her again. Once she is settled down we load back up and head to get the big kids. Now is when I realize I have leaked EVERYWHERE because I forgot to put breast pads on. Awesome. Did I mention I had actually taken a shower and found clothes that fit...sigh.
All in all it wasn't horrible just an adventure..
Pros:
-kids are all dressed with coats
-arrived to appointment on time
-I got a shower with makeup and dry hair
Cons:
-Gavin went shoeless
-I forgot a coat for myself
-Leaked milk EVERYWHERE on said clothes that fit
Baby steps, baby steps...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment