We had a very busy weekend this Labor Day holiday. Football and birthdays, spending time with family and friends! I relish in all of it but it is exhausting!! The weekend kicked off with an early UAB home game. We lost but I LOVE football season and I think, despite our loss this weekend, we will have a great year. New coach, new uniforms, and new attitudes from players and fans! I've always been a UAB fan but it was nice to see so many others dedicated to our team this year. Of the 2 large boxes only 36 seats were still empty at the start of the season this year. We also had 28,000 in attendance on Saturday, and the Board of trustees wouldn't let us have a 25,000 seat stadium because they didn't think we would fill it! Ha! (ok so maybe we should see how the rest of the season goes, but it's a great start!)
Kickoff! Notice the end zone says "Birmingham Blazers" Although it was because there were 2 other games there that day, I think it might be a little foreshadowing to UABs future...maybe?!?!
Gavin was thoroughly entertained. He was one tired, little Blazer!!
When did she get so big?!
My beautiful sister.
Goofball!
My boys!!
Later that afternoon we went to Sammy's 2nd Birthday party. It was Donald Duck themed per Sammy's request. He was SO excited about his party and thrilled about his cake! I didn't get a picture of the cake because we got there after they had cut it, but it was very cute, and quite tasty! Mandy said all he wanted to do was eat "don dulled" off the top of the cake.
The Birthday Boy with a mouthful of Donald!
A headless "don dulled" it was made from pure molding chocolate...very dense and sweet! He ate nearly the entire thing!
Payton, Emory, and Sam
"Anybody else want a bite?"
"I'm cute and I know it!"
He was shocked to know that all the gifts were just for him! He was so sweet and kept saying to Payton "look bubba!" So willing to share!
Gavin with his Pop!
"I Thor...shhh" He was flying!
"I hulk" and maybe still Thor!
"Don Dulled" was singing him Happy Birthday...he was so excited!!
Why not add a fireman and a sheriff to Hulk and Thor?...We gave him the tool belt so he would have a place to put all his friends he carries around all day.
Now back to Hulk...Showing off his muscles!
Sweet Pita (that is what Sam calls Eva)
Cruising on his new ride.
Time for a break! I think the sugar crash is about to happen.
Emory with her Trippy.
Mom and Pita (Eva)
Sunday morning was church Brookwood...
I LOVE this little face...isn't he the cutest?!?!?!
Followed by dinner with Chase's parents and then doodles (they drove to Birmingham to visit Sunday afternoon)...
GiGi with her babies
GiGi and Dude with their babies. It only took 10+ attempts to get this picture. We would have both kids looking and John would be looking down at the kids!
Monday we went over to my grandparents house for a big family lunch before driving back to Nashville. We were missing the Sexton crew (my dad's youngest sister's family) and Tripp, but we still had a great time and ate yummy food as always!
Gavin and Eva (the youngest additions to the Rigney family)
Hulk/Thor a.k.a. Sam with Nannie eating some yummy banana pudding.
Katie and Mandy with Eva
Once again Gavin was thoroughly entertained!
Katie's turn to be hulk...
Sam was not happy about that!
Papa with Hulk a.k.a. Payton
Papa's turn...this picture makes me laugh! Love my dad!
Mom's turn!
Hulk, Emory, and Thor...love these kiddos!!
After lunch we picked up our long lost dog Harley and headed north.
He has been with Jordan for the last 2+ years but acts like he never missed a day...he fits right in!! Best friends already...however, I'm sure he's thinking "this house use to be much quieter the last time I was here!!" When you have a very talkative 4 year old and a newborn there can be quite a bit of noise in this house sometimes!!


No comments:
Post a Comment