Eleven years ago I was laying in my dorm room bed when my phone rang. It was my friend and sorority sister Jackie calling to tell me to turn on the TV because the World Trade Center had been hit. I spent the remainder of my day glued to the TV like most everyone else in this country and around the world. Today I tried to explain to my 4 year old what today was all about to no avail. Eventually she will understand WHY we remember this day, but I hope she never has to know how it FEELS to watch your country under attack.
In remembrance of 9/11/01, Chick-Fil-A in Hermitage was having a patriotic theme night and had a fire truck for all the kids to climb on and explore. We met Cheryl and Kolton and spent twice as long on the fire truck then we did getting food. I think they would have played on it all night, at least Kolton would have!!
Kolton checking out the controls.
Kolton "driving"
Emory was a little timid, can you tell?! Kolton was totally in his element!
Emory's turn to drive.
No comments:
Post a Comment