Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Gavin-One month


I told Chase, it feels like he has been here forever, yet it feels like he was only born yesterday! I can't believe he is already a month old. He is thriving well...

One month old:
11 pounds 6 ounces (95%)
22 3/4 inches long (90%)
15cm head circumference (50%)


Not much going on in the world of Gavin.  He eats every 2-3 hours during the day and will go as long as 4 at night! I am so happy that Emory is a late sleeper or I would not survive the long nights. He really is a great baby and LOVES his momma! We are quickly out growing our 3 month clothing, at least length wise.  I think I could get him to stay in the two piece outfits for a little longer but the 1 piece things will be packed up soon.
I was just reading through some of my old posts to see where Gavin compared to Emory at this age. We didn't weigh her at one month but at 2 months she weighed 11 pounds 5 ounces.  Which means our one month old son weighs 1 ounce more now, than our daughter did at 2 months! I knew he was big but that puts things into perspective!! The rolls are getting harder to clean and I LOVE it!! Chunky baby boys are so stinkin' cute!!

Oh and another thing from my one month post of Emory...I typed the exact same line first line when she was 1 month old! At least I'm consistent!

Adjusting to a family of 4 seems to be going very smoothly. Chase and I do a lot of "divide and conquer" but like I've said before, at least we are in this together! I couldn't do it without him!

Emory has taken on the role as big sister very well and LOVES her baby brother so much. She is great at getting things for mommy when asked. It never fails that I sit down to nurse Gavin, and my cell phone rings or I have forgotten my water or a burp cloth. She loves to help and when she isn't helping mommy or loving on her baby brother, I can hear her "playing mommy" to her babies. My heart is VERY full and SO happy! I LOVE our life God has made for us!


No comments: