Friday, July 13, 2012

Gavin--The Story

So Gavin decided to make his entrance into the world a little sooner than we had expected.  Guess that's what I get for trying to plan the birth of my child! We had scheduled a c-section for June 25th but my water broke at 6:15am on June 16th--we didn't have a choice after that!! To be honest though...I was over being pregnant and so ready to meet him! I never was "over the pregnancy" with Emory.  My pregnancy with her went by so much easier, but my pregnancy with Gavin had a few bumps in the road and my job had changed and I was on my feet 11 out of the 12 hours that I was working-not fun! So here is the story in pictures, if you will...

 On the way to the hospital.  Luckily Chase's parents were in town for Father's Day, so we were able to leave Emory in the bed

 First and Last "belly shot"  Yes I took a shower, shaved my legs, dried my hair, and put on make-up after my water broke...this did not make Chase happy but who knew when I'd get another shower!!  We arrived at Vanderbilt around 7:30am.

 Chase ready for the OR...I went back at around 9:30am

 Prepped and ready to go...

 Gavin Rigney Martin. Born 8 pounds, 1 ounce, 20 3/4 inches at 10:26am at 38 weeks gestation!  He was a big boy!

 Mommy meeting Gavin.

 Chase with his son in the nursery...I was making my way to recovery.

 Getting to hold Gavin for the first time in recovery.

 The big sister getting to meet her sweet baby brother Gavin.  She made that bear at build a bear for Gavin about a week prior and was so excited about giving it to him!

 The new Family of 4!! I had a little bit of a nausea issue immediately after this picture.  Note the lack of color in my face!
 The PROUD big sister Emory.

 A daddy and his son on Father's Day.  Apparently Gavin wanted to actually spend Father's Day with Chase! I was told not to get him a gift...Gavin and I didn't listen...I'm really good at that!!  Ha!

 My sweet girl and son! One HAPPY momma!

 A better family of 4 picture...I hadn't had a shower at this point but I do have color in my face!!

 Ready to go home!  We were able to go home on Tuesday June 19th

Packed up and ready to go...he wasn't too sure of his car seat until we were moving...then he was out like a light!

I was hesitant about delivering at Vanderbilt but it was an great experience! We had great nurses and care partners, the room was nice and clean and quiet!! So happy to have out sweet boy here...more posts to come soon!

No comments: