Sunday, February 14, 2010

Big Weekend

Last weekend was mine and Chase's first time away from Emory since she was born!! I know, I know she's almost 2 but I hate being away from her. That said, it was a MUCH needed night away and I don't even think she knew we were gone! Ha! We, Emory and I, started the weekend off by going to the art museum with Garrett and Kate. They have a children's section that allowed them to run around and paint and color and play with blocks. They loved it and were not thrilled when we made them leave to go eat lunch.



After lunch Emory and I drove to meet my parents in Athens (halfway to Bham) to drop Emory off with them. Friday night was the marriage retreat with our church, The Bridge Fellowship. Oddly enough the hotel we were staying at for the retreat happen to be the same hotel where the AOII Leadership Institute was being held! I had sister all over the place! Ha! Not to mention, my actually sister was there for LI. Small world! Anyway, 91 couples attended and we had a great time.
Our name tags told who we belonged to! Ha!

Scott, Rachel, Leslie, Artie

The group dancing...everyone knows I don't dance, hence the reason I am behind the camera!


Kim and Trey

Leslie and Me

After the retreat, we loaded up and headed to Birmingham baby and dog free!!! It was such a peaceful 3 hour drive! That night was Sue and Leo's wedding shower (no pictures, left the camera in the car, oops), then to my parents house to see our sweet angel. She was happy to see us but was quickly distracted by her previous activity!

Overall, it was a great weekend and a much needed break!

No comments: