Friday, November 28, 2008

A Thankful Heart

Yesterday came and went just like any other work day for me. Other than being a fairly "slow" day things went smoothly. I guess I just had time to think more yesterday since we actually had down time or maybe I feel like I have so much more to be thankful for this year. I see a lot of very interesting things working in a hospital, very unstable families, horrible financial situations, and not to mention some very sick children. This can be very draining on my emotions after awhile but then there is that one case that defies all odds and reminds me why I do what I do.

It also makes me realize how truly blessed I am. All my life I have had an abundance of family that would drop anything to help me out no matter what. But I have also been fortunate enough to not have to use that help too often! I have been blessed with a wonderful husband, a beautiful, healthy daughter, a loving family, amazing friends, good health, a roof over my head and money in the bank. And of course MANY other things!

Yes, I was working yesterday and I hated to not be with Chase and Emory, but at least I have a job that I know is stable in this economy. I had wonderful patients and great co-workers that know how to cook! We actually had a great Thanksgiving meal with all the fixins. :)

So...

Happy Thanksgiving!! And now I can decorate for Christmas...yea!! :)

1 comment:

catherine said...

Erin,

Hey! Emory is so beautiful. She really has grown up so much. You, Libby, and I need to all get together sometime when you are in town.