This past weekend, while we were in Birmingham we (the girls of the family) celebrated Claire's 8th birthday. It was definitely a "girly" birthday party. Sunday morning we drove to just outside Atlanta to go to the American Girl Boutique and Bistro. The American Girls have had a HUGE resurgence since I was a little girl. I collected these dolls when I was Claire's age but there wasn't a store devoted to them, just a magazine! I must admit it was pretty cute. They have gone all out at this store/bistro. In the restaurant, they have highchairs for the dolls that the girls bring with them and in the bathroom, there are hooks in the stalls for the dolls! I have a feeling this "very girlyness" is my future. And I'm not sure I'm ready!
Thursday, September 4, 2008
My future
This past weekend, while we were in Birmingham we (the girls of the family) celebrated Claire's 8th birthday. It was definitely a "girly" birthday party. Sunday morning we drove to just outside Atlanta to go to the American Girl Boutique and Bistro. The American Girls have had a HUGE resurgence since I was a little girl. I collected these dolls when I was Claire's age but there wasn't a store devoted to them, just a magazine! I must admit it was pretty cute. They have gone all out at this store/bistro. In the restaurant, they have highchairs for the dolls that the girls bring with them and in the bathroom, there are hooks in the stalls for the dolls! I have a feeling this "very girlyness" is my future. And I'm not sure I'm ready!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment