Sunday, September 14, 2008

5 Months








I can not believe that Emory is 5 months old now!! Where has the time gone?! People always tell you, "they grow up fast, cherish these moments." But I had no idea it would go this quickly. I think we are at a VERY fun age right now. This past month she has discovered new things and accomplished new tasks. Bath time is so much fun now because she is able to sit up in the kitchen sink, at least at my parents house, and splashes and plays with her toys. She has a "lunch date" once a week with her two boyfriends, Owen and Garrett. :) She talks all the time and does this growling thing too, which I haven't quite figured out. It must feel cool on her throat because she does it all the time! She can sit up now with minimal assistance for short periods before falling over, she has become very coordinated with her hands and has managed many times, on several occasions, to get her paci back in her mouth, which has been VERY nice, especially while I'm driving! :) She has found her feet and has them in her hands whenever possible! She has mastered the art of rolling over and won't stay on her back when I lay her down anymore. Toys are a must for entertainment and they go everywhere with us. I have several in the diaper bag and in my purse on hand at all times! No teeth yet, which is fine with me :), but she sure is drooling a lot! We tried rice cereal but she was not fond of it at all so we decided to wait a little longer to start "solids." She attended her very first UAB football game and looked so cute in her cheerleader uniform. (see post below) She finally has enough hair that I can put a bow in it, maybe people will stop calling her a boy! There isn't much that entertains her for longer than 15 minutes, but that's 15 minutes that I can get stuff done around the house! She is a great baby and is all smiles most of the time. And the best part....she's sleeping almost 12 hours every night!!! This has been a wonderful journey so far and I am looking forward to every single moment to come!! Happy 5 months Emory!!

No comments: