Saturday, June 22, 2013

A Monster of a Party--Gavin turns ONE!

It's been a week since Gavin's party so I thought I would finally write a post. I took so many pictures...or rather my sister did...that I made collages out of them so not to have too many pictures! There were too many cute ones that I couldn't make up my mind!

First let's start with...I CAN'T BELIEVE MY BABY IS A YEAR OLD!!!!! He grew up WAY too fast. Good thing we have another one coming! Ha! I have to say it was slightly depressing to have my emails from Babycenter change from"Your Baby this Week" to "Your Toddler this Week." Sheesh. Like I wasn't having enough of a problem and they throw that at me...he's a toddler now!  And while he isn't walking yet...it won't be long...he is into EVERYTHING which means we have reached the toddler phase! I feel like I say "no-no" to him way more than I did Emory! "No-no Gavin don't play in the toilet." "No-no Gavin don't unroll the roll of toilet paper." "No-no Gavin don't climb on the dishwasher door." Now of course the last one I'm kind of ok with...if it breaks I HAVE to get a new one! :) Just kidding (not really)!

A year in (picture) review.

The party was a HUGE success and super cute! We had a monster theme because we call him our little monster, since he's into everything and so curious. It would not have been possible without my wonderful, creative friend Leslie.  I sent her a text about 2 weeks before the party and asked if she would lend her creative genius...and boy did she!! I told her the theme and to check my board on Pinterest and she ran with it! The only thing I contributed, craft wise, was the monster wreath that I had on the front door. It took me as long to do the wreath as it did for her to make all the other crafts!

The decor!

Leslie came the Saturday before the party and made the gift bags, the water bottles, and glued googly eyes on everything. Through out the week she made the little monsters that are in the red bucket on the table! I'm telling you she is awesome! She even came over Friday night and helped decorate for the party. The party was at 3pm on Saturday and we had everything set up and ready to go by 11pm Friday night! Definitely made Saturday morning go much smoother! The streamers are still hanging because I can't bring myself to take them down! She spent so much time and effort on them!

The guests!

This was an attempt to put a party hat on him. As you can see he was NOT a fan! He was fine after he had his food again.

Monster smiles!

He LOVED his cake and actually ate most of what you see missing.


 Thank you to all who came out to the party to celebrate our little monster's first year of life! He has been a true blessing and more than we could have ever asked for! He surprised us by coming 2 weeks early and has kept us on our toes every day since! We love you Gavin Rigney Martin!!



No comments: