For the last 2 months we have been anticipating the departure of the Taylor girls. Zane left mid February with the girls leaving 2 weeks later. Or so we thought. We ended up having two more months with the girls. While I know Zane missed them terribly and they, him, we enjoyed seeing them for a bit longer! Well "D -day", so to speak, was last Wednesday, March 20. :( A large group met at the airport 2 hours before their flight to see them off with prayers and hugs! They will be missed greatly, but they will be home this summer for a few weeks and then again at Christmas I believe.
Christy and Emory were very close and Emory has informed me she will be staying with Christy for 8 nights when they are home "after brother's birthday!" Honestly, Emory took it MUCH harder than I expected. She doesn't have any concept of time just yet so I didn't think she would understand how long they would be gone! I was wrong. It broke my heart to see her so upset!
The pictures are from the going away party the Sunday before they left and the day they left! While we miss them already, I must say, I have enjoyed seeing their posts on Facebook. Hopefully Christy will figure out the blogging thing too! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment