What kills me is that Wednesday, I got off work early so I went to pick Emory up from daycare. However, it took me twice as long to get there because the way I usually go was still very much flooded!! Crazy! Chase said the Volvo dealership by his office had cars piled on top of each other Monday where the water had just moved them around!! Despite all this, Nashville has been so positive and everyone has been willing to help out anyway they can!!
Monday, May 10, 2010
Nashville Flood
As many of you know, Nashville was hit pretty hard last week by LOTS of rain, 13 inches to be exact! All the rain brought significant flooding, where there were little creeks, they became raging rivers, the lakes filled and threatened to spill over the dams, and the Cumberland River resembled the Mighty Mississippi when it was all said and done!! Luckily we were spared and had no flood damage, but so many people were not. Nashville, however, was amazing! As soon as the raining stopped people were out helping where ever they could. Many people helping strangers. The devastation the rising waters left behind was astounding. To see the pictures doesn't give it justice. Chase took a few Sunday evening when he had to go check on things at work.





What kills me is that Wednesday, I got off work early so I went to pick Emory up from daycare. However, it took me twice as long to get there because the way I usually go was still very much flooded!! Crazy! Chase said the Volvo dealership by his office had cars piled on top of each other Monday where the water had just moved them around!! Despite all this, Nashville has been so positive and everyone has been willing to help out anyway they can!!
What kills me is that Wednesday, I got off work early so I went to pick Emory up from daycare. However, it took me twice as long to get there because the way I usually go was still very much flooded!! Crazy! Chase said the Volvo dealership by his office had cars piled on top of each other Monday where the water had just moved them around!! Despite all this, Nashville has been so positive and everyone has been willing to help out anyway they can!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
i've been thinking about you guys. so glad ya'll are okay. the pictures are so shocking!
Post a Comment