Last Friday we loaded up the car and headed to Atlanta. We had been planning this trip for a while with our friends Kate and Baxter and their son Garrett (Em's "boyfriend"). We arrived there around dinner time so our first priority was finding a place to eat within walking distance from the hotel. We decided on sushi...not so much a great idea with two toddlers. We walked in and said 4 adults and two highchairs. The hostess said "oh, we only have one chair." That should have been our first clue that we should leave but we were starving and decided to stay. The kids lasted about 5 minutes before they were antsy and ready to run around. Eating out with kids is NO fun anymore!! Kate and I ended up taking the kids outside in the cold to let them run around until our food came and then the dads took over.

The view from out hotel Friday night.
Moving on...our first official day was Saturday and started with the Georgia Aquarium. We had to be there at 10am to meet Cole, Mandy, and Payton. We were running late because the babies decided to sleep in. Anyway, we ended up getting there around 10:40. The sad thing is that we were staying right next door and just had to walk over! Oh well. Katie ended up coming with Cole and Mandy so it was great to see her, plus she brought her big camera and took some pictures of the kids (however those pictures are in Birmingham, oh well).

She was mesmerized just in the the first few feet of the aquarium.



All the babies. We never got a picture with them all looking up. That was a difficult task.

Checking out the jellyfish with daddy.

Ok, so I promise I wasn't trying to torture my child. She was ALL about going to see him until we were right there and then she flipped out. Apparently she just wanted to admire from afar!

Going down the slide with daddy.

Baxter and Garrett coming down the slide.


Our picture is a little blurry. Katie has a better one on her camera but I had to have this picture because when Chase and I came for our 2nd anniversary we took a picture in the same place.

The siblings.

We were taking the behind the scenes tour of the aquarium but you are suppose to be five to go back. We promised that we would hold her the whole time. It was more challenging than we thought. She loves riding on Chase's shoulders but it only lasted about 5 minutes. There was TOO much to look at.

One of the whale sharks in the behind the scenes tour.
After lunch and a much needed nap we rushed over to the World of Coke-a-Cola to get in on the last tour for the day. The last tour started at 5 and we got there at 5:08! Baxter was able to get us in, thank goodness, and the kids actually had a good time here. Maybe it was because we actually let them sample a little of the product! I forgot my camera so I only had my cell phone. I was able to take a few pictures but only load the on Facebook. I know there is a way for me to get them on here but I haven't figured that out yet!
Saturday night we went out to dinner at a pizza place near by. Much more kid friendly and the food was great! The kids were in a GREAT mood when we got back to the hotel.

They played with half a Chinese menu and the TV cabinet for 30 minutes! I have a video of it on my camera but it is taking entirely too long to upload right now.
After a long day both babies crashed hard and slept-in the next morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment