I LOVE football season!!! It might be my favorite time of the year. I would be perfectly happy sitting on my couch on a Fall Saturday watching football all day long! Now I prefer to watch an SEC team play but really any team will do! Some might think my husband is a lucky man...nope...well he is :) but not because I like to watch football...he doesn't really care to sit and watch football all day. I didn't realize this when I married him! :) Anyway. This past weekend was UAB's homecoming. The game didn't turn out they way we had hoped but hey, we're UAB fans what can we expect?! We did however get to spend time with friends and family at a tailgate.
So the weekend started out with Emory and I driving to Birmingham on Thursday afternoon. My mom wanted Emory and Payton to ride with her in the homecoming parade on Friday at noon. Emory loved the parade and getting to throw candy to the people on the street. Now granted they had to wait for the car to move to get the candy because she was only throwing it about 6 inches away from the car; but they thought she was cute doing it!! We were only a few cars back from the band and Emory loves the drums! We froze but we had a good time and at least the bad weather waited until we were on our way to lunch. As soon as we were warm in my car it started raining and then it started sleeting. It's like it decided to suddenly be Winter...I think we may have skipped right over Fall. Oh well!
Riding in the parade with Tita.
Friday night we went to a basketball game...now this is one sport UAB seems to do well in. And the Blazers didn't disappoint we beat West Alabama 81-65 in the first exhibition game of the season! Go Blazers!
Chase attempting to show Emory that Blaze won't hurt her...it didn't work...oh well, maybe next year!
Emory and Abby
Abby knew how to keep the little ones happy...she was hiding skittles in her shirt pocket! Emory discovered it and was trying to get a few!
Emory and Payton
The kiddos kicked back in the box, eating their popcorn with Papa...he loved it! :)
So the Blazers didn't get a win this week but...Once a Blazer, Always a Blazer!! Maybe next week boys! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment