Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Week in Review...or maybe a few!

I am SOOOO far behind in blogging!! I really need to be better and I have great intentions but by the time I get home from work I'm too tired and days I'm home, I read during nap time!! Oh well! So to try and catch up this will be several blogs rolled into one.

Rewind to August...David and Kimberly got married and we of course drove to Birmingham for the reception!! We had a great night hanging out with friends and being kid free for a few hours. Plus, Nita (or Tita as Emory says) and Papa always enjoy a little one on one Emory time!!

Groom's Cake...looked awesome and was pretty tasty too!!



A trip to Birmingham wouldn't be complete without a trip to Surin and time with our family!
Payton's "mean" face!

Emory's "mean" face.

Choking her cousin.

At this point is was still summer so we were not meeting for a "formal" lifegroup. Our group is very social and we love hanging out together. This particular Wednesday we decided to take advantage of the pool still being open. The water was freezing, but the kids LOVED it!!


I had to take this picture for future blackmail!! :)

Sweet Courtney, Grayson, and Gracyn

Emory and one of her many "boyfriends," Sutton

The following Friday night we combined forces with another lifegroup and went to a Sounds game. After 3 years in Nashville, we finally made it to a minor league baseball game. Honestly I don't really know what happened at the game because we were all too busy talking to pay attention. I do know we lost horribly!!



Best girlfriends ever!!

August 29th was the ground breaking ceremony for The Bridge Fellowship. We have been attending The Bridge for a little over a year and have loved every second!! It has been amazing to watch the church grow and we are thrilled that we will have our very own building soon!!!

Emory listening very intently to Pastor Phil

Honestly I was trying to get them talking, but she went to give a kiss as I was taking the picture!


She insisted on holding the shovel

We staked the ground with wooden stakes with the names of people we would like see come to Christ. The stakes will be buried below the entrance foundation.

Actually breaking ground.



What a crazy past few weeks!!!

No comments: