Thursday, July 8, 2010

July 4th 2010










Blue was asleep shortly after this picture.


She was really excited about the fireworks.

Watching with her daddy.

Enjoying homemade peach ice cream after the fireworks.

It was a long weekend but a good one. Friday night...late...we loaded up and headed to Jacksonville, AL arriving around 12:30am. Did Emory sleep? No! In fact she was up until 1am visiting with Gee. I'm glad my child is so well adjusted. Saturday we headed to the lake around lunch time. Chase had gotten up early and gone fishing with his dad so it was just Nancy, Emory, and me. Once at the lake Jamie and I got lunch together, homemade BBQ and sides...so YUMMY!! Jamie and I decided to take on the food for the weekend to allow Nancy time with her grandkids. It was a lot of work but it was a lot of fun too and we out did ourselves if I do say so myself!! :) Saturday night was fireworks on the Lake. We took the boat out on the water to watch. I was little worried Emory would be frightened by the noise but she LOVED every second. She kept saying "that one was pretty!" or "that was cool." It was cute. Not a day has gone by since then that she hasn't ask to see more fireworks!

Sunday was much of the same, lake then good food. Monday we headed home after lunch. It was great getting to spend time with family, but like always, it was great to get back home!

No comments: